Sunday, October 5, 2008

Finally, Some Relief

Oh my goodness. We actually had a day yesterday in the 80's. I was able to turn the air conditioning off for the entire day. Up until then we were still experiencing triple digits. I was starting to curse the heat and trying to think of a way to escape, only kidding. It truly felt like fall. We spent the morning at the Home Depot doing their kids workshop deal. Ellie got her own apron and made a fire truck. They were also having a safety type fair with real fire engines, police cars and police boats. Ellie got to sit in all three. They also had their inflatable jumping deals for the kids. Free hot dogs, popcorn, slushies and drinks were also part of the deal. It was a nice way to spend the day.
The kids were worn out when we got home so were were able to put them down for naps and watch the afternoon session of General Conference. I remember as a kid dreading this day thinking how boring it was to sit there and listen to the talks. Now I look forward to it, especially when the kids are asleep and I can actually listen.
I've included some video of Emma. She is really trying to crawl. I love to watch her get up on her hand and knees and rock back and forth. She will put it in reverse pretty good but has trouble going forward. I'm sure she will get the hang of it soon. It is so fun to watch her grow and learn.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Katie - I remember seeing at least one of my kids do the same thing - going bakwards in stead of forwards. ha! Look, I hope the weather will continue to improve - we are sooo lucky here to have a beautiful fall!Love you guys